Tuesday 10 December 2013

Blog #2 The Luxe

Elizabeth Holland is the main character in The Luxe. Elizabeth is 18 years old and described an angelic, with ash blonde hair and brown eyes. She must choose between the family duty of an arranged marriage and true love.. She does everything she is told, and obeys her mother. She secretly spends long passionate nights with her stable boy, Will, but she has to marry Henry Schoonmaker to save her family from becoming poor. Soon, the engaqement with Henry Schoonmaker, arranged by Schoonmaker's wealthy father William and Elizabeth's strict mother. This occupiesthe  high societyand thepeople variously anticipate and dread the marriage. Elizabeth must apologize to her friend, Penelope, whose is in love with Henry. Henry, meanwhile, feels reluctant to marry Elizabeth because he feels nothing for her, and nothing for Penelope either. The day Henry goes to tell Elizabeth about the planned arranged marriage, he meets Diana, who is Elizabteths sister He instantly falls in love with. 


Would you stick with an arranged marriage or back out and disobey what the family wants?

2 comments:

  1. I would not stick with an arranged marriage. I know going against my family would be hard and I would not want to hurt them, but it is my life and I would want to be happy and not spend the rest of my life with someone who did not make me happy and be miserable all the time. Even though my family would probably be hurt that I did not obey them, they should understand that I would just want to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't stick with the arranged marriage because I would know what I want for myself not my family. Even though disobeying them will hurt them I feel that they will know where I am coming from by doing this.

    ReplyDelete